What is CASLT CoLab?
The Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers (CASLT) is pleased to present the CASLT CoLab.
“CoLab” evokes connection, community, collaboration, and a place to gather and learn. The CASLT CoLab is your new hub for professional learning and growth as an L2 educator.
Explore the site to make connections, form and join groups, post in discussion forums, and complete asynchronous professional learning courses.
By using this site, you agree to adhere to the CASLT CoLab Code of Conduct.
Connect, Learn, Grow
The CASLT CoLab is an online space designed to support second language educators in their professional journeys. There are two main objectives behind this platform: supporting language teachers in building communities of practice and providing a wide variety of high-quality professional learning content for teachers to complete on their own time.
The CASLT CoLab is designed to support L2 educators. It will help you to:
- Connect with colleagues across the country
- Improve your professional practice
- Learn new strategies and perspectives to grow professionally and pedagogically
- Share ideas and discover diverse ways of thinking and doing
- Expand your professional network
- And more!
How Do I Use the Platform?
The CASLT CoLab is built to be flexible. You can use as many or as few of the functions as you want. Here are a few features to explore:
- News Feed: See and engage with news from other users, including posts, profile updates, new courses or lessons in the Learning Centre, and more.
- Profile: Update your profile with as much or as little information as you want. Your profile appears in the member directory and other users may view your profile and ask to connect with you.
- Member Directory: Browse the member directory to find and connect with colleagues across the country. You can “follow” anyone, and you can also send friend requests to be able to send private messages.
- Groups: Create or join groups based on your professional interests or areas where you’re seeking support. If you don’t see a group that fits your needs, go ahead and create one!
- Learning Centre: The old CASLT Learning Centre that you know and love is still available! Browse our course list, filter on various categories, and complete professional learning courses on your own time. The more lessons and courses you complete, the more points you accumulate, which can earn you a spot on the Leaderboard!
Who Can Join?
The CASLT CoLab is open to all CASLT members. Learn more about CASLT membership.